Massage therapy is one of the oldest healing arts.
Chiropractic treatments can include massage therapy to help with the healing of the soft tissue and symptom relief. Massage therapy is one of the oldest healing arts. Chinese records dating back 3,000 years document its use. The ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians applied forms of massage for many ailments. Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. As part of your treatment in Chiropractic Center of Lakeland, the doctors may recommend massage by our licensed therapists to aid in your restoration of health.
Some conditions that can be paired with chiropractic adjustments:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow – the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ–the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins – amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.